Last updated: March 2, 2020
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
In general, you can visit digit.co without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. When you submit an inquiry via our Services or register for a Digit account, we will collect Personal Information from you, which may include your name, email address, mobile phone number, banking information, age, gender, location, address, date of birth, SSN,citizenship information, occupation status, and income source.
We will also ask you to create login information for your Digit account, such as a username and password. When you provide your mobile phone number, we may ask for your consent to receive text messages relating to our Services at that number, in line with the applicable law. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us as indicated below or by replying with "STOP" to any text message we send you. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to receive text messages from us, you may not be able to use some of our Services. Your mobile carrier's standard text message and data charges may apply to text messages you receive from us, and you are responsible for any fees charged by your mobile carrier if we contact you.
Information About Your Transactions
We collect Personal Information about your transactions with us and others, as well as other information associated with your transactions such as amount received, amount paid for products or services, account balance, merchant information, Device Information and Log Information.
Information From Third Parties
We also collect Personal Information about you from other companies. For instance, we may receive Personal Information about you from affiliates, consumer reporting agencies, product marketing companies, transaction data providers and other third parties (such as those that assist with fraud prevention and AML compliance).
Information Automatically Collected
Information that we automatically collect in connection with your access or use of our Services may include:
Device Information: We may collect Device-specific information (such as hardware model, operating system version, unique Device identifiers, and mobile network Information, including your mobile phone number). We may associate your Device identifiers or mobile phone number with your Digit account.
Log Information: We may record or log information from your Devices, their software, and your activity accessing or using our Services. This information may include:
- The Device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address
- Identification numbers associated with your Devices
- Device event information, such as crashes, system activity, and hardware settings
- Location preferences
- Date and time stamps of transactions
- System configuration information
- Other interactions with our Services
Information on Your Device: We may collect Personal Information contained on your Device (for instance your geolocation data) where you give us explicit permission to do so.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that we may store on your computer or mobile device when you access the Services. When you access the Services again, the cookies allow us to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information but cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Cookies set by a website owner (in this case, Digit) are called “first party cookies.”- Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable us to provide third party features or functionality through the Site (i.e., advertising, social media functions and analytics).
The Cookies We Use
The information that we collect with cookies allows us to statistically analyze usage of the Services, and to improve and customize our content and other offerings. However, we only disclose information collected with cookies to third parties on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
The specific types of first party and third party cookies placed by our Services and the purposes they perform are described in the table below:
How to Control Cookies
You can withdraw consent on the cookies stored on you at any time, although you may not be able to use certain features of our Services. You can do this by clicking the appropriate opt-out provided in the cookie table above or by activating the settings on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies.
Please follow the links below to helpful information for the most popular browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Apple Safari:
In addition, you can exercise advertising cookie choices by visiting:
- http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/"; or
As well as cookies, we use other technologies to recognize and track your use of our Services. A web beacon (also known as a “tracking pixel” or “clear GIF”) is a clear graphic image (typically a one-pixel tag) that is delivered through a web browser or HTML e-mail, typically in conjunction with a cookie.
Web beacons allows us, for example, to monitor how users move from one page within our websites to another, to track access to our communications, to understand whether users have come to our websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to measure how ads have been viewed and to improve site performance.
Do Not Track ("DNT") is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
How We Use Information
We will use your Personal Information to operate our website and provide our Services, including:
- to respond to your questions, provide related customer services and to administer your Digit account;
- to authenticate your access to your Digit account;
- to create a connection between your Digit account and checking account;
- to analyse your transactions and make automatic savings;
- to action your withdraw requests;
- to communicate with you about your Digit account and the Services;
- to detect and prevent fraud or other abuse of our Services;
- to notify you of any changes to our Services;
- to monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network; or
- to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your Device.
- to offer or improve our products and services;
- to offer products and services of third parties that we think you might find of interest;
- to display content based upon your interests; or
- to assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising
How We Share Information
We do not share your Personal Information with: (1) other financial companies for joint marketing purposes or (2) any third parties so they can market to you.
We transfer your Personal Information to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organisational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
We are headquartered in the United States of America. Your Personal Information will be accessed by us or transferred to us in the US and will be accessed by our US-based employees. If you visit our websites or use our Services from outside the US, be aware that your Personal Information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the US where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By visiting our websites or using our Services, you consent to this transfer of your Personal Information.
Accessing Your Information
You must notify us of any change in your Personal Information by updating your Digit account profile through our Services. Any changes will affect only future uses of your Personal Information.
You can ask us whether we are storing your Personal Information and you can ask to receive a copy of that Personal Information. Before sending you any Personal Information, we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any Personal Information. We will respond as quickly as we can to your requests for details of Personal Information we hold about you.
Information You Share Socially
Our Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information you share publicly or with friends.
Our Services may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party websites, applications, and services. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others, as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
We have, and require our third-party service providers that receive Personal Information from us to have, a comprehensive written information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for our respective physical facilities and in our respective computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are reasonably designed to protect information contained within such systems from loss, misuse, or alteration. When your bank account information is transmitted via our Services, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information. You also play a role in protecting your Personal Information. Please safeguard your username and password for your Digit account and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your Digit account login information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Digit account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide our Services, terminate Digit accounts, and to remove or edit content.
Protecting Children's Privacy
Our Services are not directed, or intended to be attractive, to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use our Services or submit any information to us.
Links to Third-Party Websites
If you are based in the EU, in certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to Personal Information we hold about you—specifically:
- Request access to your Personal Information. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Information will be stored, the source of the Personal Information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your Personal Information. You may have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. We are happy to delete records relating to you as per your request, however, like other businesses there will be certain records which we are required to keep pursuant to legal obligations we have (such as Anti-Money Laundering laws).
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information. However, this may lead to disabling of some or all of digit services.
- Request transfer of your Personal Information. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Copyright © , Hello Digit, Inc.